Abode Communities’ organization-wide commitment to environmental sustainability ensures that each newly constructed residential community receives a minimum Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design® (LEED®) Silver rating. Our professionally trained and dedicated staff members often exceed this goal, which has propelled Abode Communities as the leading provider of LEED® for Homes Platinum-rated multifamily affordable units in the State of California.
More than just minimizing each development’s impact on the environment and the communities in which we develop, Abode Communities’ residential developments improve resident livelihoods by:
- Promoting improved health outcomes by using non-toxic building materials, reducing exposure to indoor moisture, installing high-efficiency HVAC systems, utilizing operable windows, and enforcing non-smoking environments;
- Creating beautifully-designed open outdoor gathering spaces featuring native landscaping that is maintained via captured rainwater;
- Developing in areas linked to an abundance of community resources, including major transit hubs and basic amenities;
- Exceeding minimum energy performance standards to reduce long-term utility costs; and
- Creating resident services programming to foster environmental education and promote benefits of sustainable living.