Beyond Homes Scholarships
Abode Communities’ Beyond Homes resident services program offers two unique opportunities for residents age 17-21 to earn financial aid for college, university, vocational school, or other job certificate programs.
All scholarships are awarded through a competitive application and interview process. Submission requirements generally include an online application, essay responses, letters of recommendation, and a high school transcript or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED) credential.
Applications Accepted February 1 – March 15!
Up to $10,000 ($2,500 per year, four years)
The Building Hope Fund is offered to all resident scholars seeking higher education. The fund is offered thanks to the generosity of Beyond Homes’ philanthropic partners and donors. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a GPA >= 2.5
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Be enrolled or planning to attend a two- or four-year college, university, or vocational school
- Live at an Abode Communities property
Awards are made directly to your institution and can be used to pay for tuition, books, and living expenses!
Up to $5,000 ($2,500 per year, two years)
A gift from the Earl & Anna Broady Foundation, the Building Equity Fund aims to promote equity through higher education for People of Color. In order to be eligible, all candidates must:
- Identify as Black and/or African American
- Between the ages of 17-21
- A high school graduate with a GPA >=2.0 or GED minimum score 400
- Enrolled or planning to attend a community college, vocational school, or certificate program
- Accepted or plan to attend a two-year community college, certification program, or trade/vocational school;
Awards are made directly to your institution to cover tuition and supply costs.