Steps We Have Taken
- Led by our Resident Services Coordinators and Property Managers, our staff is conducting wellness checks on residents vulnerable to the effects of COVID-19.
- Our Beyond Homes resident services staff have increased case management services and are providing emergency supplies to seniors and other vulnerable residents.
- Our senior management team and Board of Directors are staying abreast of federal, state and local directives to ensure we do our part to reduce the spread of the virus and flatten the curve.
- In accordance with the “Safer at Home” order, we have temporarily closed our physical office and transitioned to remote operations while continuing to provide essential work functions at residential communities.
- We have identified critical resident needs based on initial outreach in all properties and developed a comprehensive resource directory to link our residents to relief resources and services in the community.
While we take these steps, it brings to light the importance of our work especially in times of crisis. Our residents are particularly vulnerable to the economic instability we are all experiencing, and our Beyond Homes program is available to all residents in need of support.
Beyond Homes is an essential service at this time, and as the program team’s comprehensive support connects residents to resources that address their immediate needs during this crisis, we need your support to ensure this front-line staff can continue to support this vulnerable population.
Currently, We Have High Demand for The Following Services
- Case management services for residents who have been laid off or furloughed, including helping secure unemployment, Medicaid and other public benefits;
- Wellness checks for seniors and other vulnerable populations and providing them with food, personal hygiene products, and cleaning supplies; and
- At-home activities and educational opportunities for the 2,225 children living in our properties as we have closed our out-of-school services.
Please consider supporting our Beyond Homes program, as its staff works on the front-lines to ensure that our entire community of residents get through this pandemic together.