Policy + Advocacy
Abode Communities plays an integral role informing and influencing public policy, public financing, and regulatory requirements to advance the affordable housing industry. We accomplish this by developing relationships with key governmental agencies at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as collaborating with trade and membership associations. Our impact throughout California has included:
- Providing expert testimony to national, state and local dignitaries to advance affordable housing initiatives;
- Meeting with national, state and local legislators to discuss policies that address challenges and opportunities for the affordable housing industry;
- Serving in leadership roles on national, state and local affordable housing organization boards of directors and committees that directly influence affordable housing policy;
- Advocating for ballot initiatives that improve access to affordable housing;
- Partnering with community development organizations to increase awareness around affordable housing issues and opportunities;
- Conducting outreach and engaging residents to become public advocates for affordable housing; and
- Linking residents with elected representatives at project-related events.
If you have questions about current legislation related to affordable housing, we welcome you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.